Ray Jardine Firsts
- Invented Single-Anchor Hammock (1970).
- Designed Forrest Rock Hammer Head (1970)
- Originated idea of Virgin Rope (not disclosed) (1970)
- Originated Lap Method of Coiling a Rope (1972)
- Originated the method Carrying a Lap-Coiled Rope like a Backpack (1972).
- Invented Friends, Rock Climbing Hardware (now used by most trad climbers) (1973)
- Invented special nuts, used during last several years of climbing career (not disclosed) (1973)
- Invented a friction knot using two Carabiners to belay the second climber (not disclosed) (1973)
Hiking and Camping
- Originated the First Workable System of Lightweight Hiking (1990)
- Published the first book about a Workable System of Lightweight Hiking (1991). (PCT Hikers Handbook)
- Popularized the idea of hiking in running shoes (1991).
- Invented the Camping Quilt and Coined the Term "Quilt" related to camping (1993).
- Invented the Open-at-the-Top, Outside Pocket for a Backpack (now used on many, if not most Backpacks)
- Invented the Over-Strap (now used on many Backpacks)
- Invented the Sock-Hanger (now used on many Backpacks)
- Invented the Net-Tent (1994).
- Invented the BatWing (2004).
- Invented the Tarp Beaks (1973).
- Invented the Tarp Lifters (1973).
- Invented the Gravity Method of Water Filtration (1986).
- Coined the Term "Power Hiking," "Power walking" and "Power resting" and so forth (1995).
- Coined the Term "Stealth Camping" (1991).
- Founded ALDA-West (1994).
- Originated the "Triple Crown" of Long-Distance Hiking (1994).
- Coined the Term "Triple Crown" related to long distance hiking (1994).
- Presented the First Plaques to the First Triple Crown Recipients (1994).
- Received the world's first Triple Crown Award. Jenny received the second Triple Crown Award.
- Sewed the world's first nylon tarp (1972)
- Made the the world's first tarp of silicone nylon (1992)